The Sean Project

Sean is our 29 year old deafblind son and this is the ongoing story of Sean, what he does and how he interacts with us, our friends, our horses and our pets.

Google

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Rocking Bailey

Our old gelding Bailey gets to wander around on our 10 acres every day. At night I put him into the 2 acre paddock with our Paso Fino, but during the day, the rest of the place is his to munch. Since there is an abundance of growth, grasses and weeds, he thinks this is a pretty neat idea.

He is pretty sharp too. As soon as I go out on one of the decks of our house, Bailey magically appears. He thrusts his large head over the railing and proceeds to hit me with his "feed me" vibes. He stares at me with his friendly-eyed look. He is relentless. Neither of us has any doubt who will give in first. Within 2 minutes I go into the house, reach into the bag of "horse candy" or get some cut up carrots and go feed the guy.

Rosa, our Paso Fino, saw all this today of course. She was up in the paddock at the gate. So I walked up the hill and fed her some goodies. She doesn't go out on the acreage because she'd be a balloon within an hour!

Bailey in the meantime, had ambled up to the gate too. He hates being left out of the Goodie Department. I refilled his water bucket, and he stood next to me, hinting that it was time for his hose bath. Over the last 10 days its been in the 90s. We have established the routine that when I fill up his bucket, he gets a hose bath if he stands next to me.

Later, he went down the hill and parked himself, hind leg cocked in the napping position, next to our truck. He napped there in the sun for quite a while. He has made that a favorite napping place. On the weekend, when the car was parked a few feet away from the truck, Bailey wandered over and placed himself exactly between the two vehicles, faced the same way, and napped. A few minutes later when I looked out the kitchen window, Bailey was gently rocking while he napped.

It is an extraordinary feeling to interact with our horses this way. Sean picks up on enthusiasm of people he loves, which is why he has picked up on this horse thing with me. It will be fun to see where it leads!

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger The Sean Project said...

Kathy,

You're supposed to DRINK the beer and spill anything else! Ha! Great to hear from you. Keep checking in here because this gets updated a lot!!

Will give your hugs and kisses to the boys for sure and I'm so happy you're doing that horse rescue work again. Every horse you rescue will be happy for it too, that's for sure!

We will get out to visit you, I promise!! Don't know when but we will!

Keep in touch!!
Nancy

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey The Sean Project GREAT title Rocking Bailey. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello The Sean Project, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Rocking Bailey. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a wooden rocking horse related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my wooden rocking horse related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link wooden rocking horse. Thank you and I wish you well .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home