The Sean Project

Sean is our 29 year old deafblind son and this is the ongoing story of Sean, what he does and how he interacts with us, our friends, our horses and our pets.

Google

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ruff Night

As I got ready to come to work this morning at around 5 am, Nancy
spoke sleepily from the bed to tell me that it had been a "rough night".

A "rough night" can cover a multitude of different things in our
household. I knew that Sean had not been suffering from seizures
otherwise Nancy would have woken me. I went into his room after Nancy
had spoken to me and Sean was awake, sitting up on his bed and
looking pretty chipper. That usually means he has been awake most of
the night.

Which means that Nancy had been getting up. time after time, to
gather Sean up from our sitting room, switch off all the lights he
had turned on, check to see if he knocked anything over and then
hustle his buns back to his bed. And then doing the same thing about
half an hour later. Nancy does the night duty like that so that I can
be in shape to go to work in the morning.

It is exhausting sometimes. Sean is just awake, maybe the weather has
been too hot or maybe he is just full of himself but it means a long,
long night. So then some of our plans for 'what we are going to do
today' go by the wayside.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home